Tuesday, February 12, 2013

McKinley has arrived!!!

February 5th, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. we arrived at Banner Baywood hospital. We filled out paper work and got all checked in. I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. I wanted to have McKinley naturally but I was having really bad back labor...by 11:00 I was demanding an epidural. The  got to our room around 11:30 p.m. and I was terrified. I was so surprised when the epidural hurt less then the i.v. It only took a couple of minutes before I was feeling amazing! I couldn't feel a single contraction but I could still feel and move my legs. I was still only at like a 3 and 90% so the nurse left us to sleep while I progressed. Around 1:30 a.m. the nurse came back in our room to check me...I was dilated to an 8 and 100% effaced. Around 2:30 a.m. she came in again and I was at 10 and 100%. Because my mom lives so far from the hospital we called her and had her start to head over. My mom go to the hospital around 3:00 a.m. Around 3:30 a.m. I wasn't contracting very often so the nurse gave me some petosin to speed things up. Chad's parents go to the hospital around 4:30 a.m. McKinley dropped around 6:00 a.m. and my water bag was putting a lot of pressure on me so the nurse finally called the doctor. Dr. Huff didn't get to the hospital till around 7:00 a.m. to brake my water. We ended up finding out that the nurses couldn't get a hold of him and sent the cops to his house to make sure he was okay. He has never not answered his phone before and it turned out that he was having phone problems. After he broke my water he could tell that McKinley was face up...so he had me lay on my side with a peanut ball between my legs to try and get her to flip. Our new nurse came it the room and got things ready for the doctor. She had me start pushing and when you could see McKinley's hair she got the doctor. Dr. Huff came in and had me push four times through one contraction and she was here! McKinley Riggs was born at 7:53 on February 6th, 2013 weighing 7 lbs 3oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches long (the nurses at the hospital measured her at 19 3/4 but when we went to the doctor 5 days later she was measuring at 21 3/4 so they must not have done it wrong)














1 comment: